Sample Application

All new applicants post their applications here. Riot members should check this board often, and submit feedback in both the internal and external discussion threads.
Forum rules
If you are looking to apply to Riot, you are in the right place! Under the Announcements section at the top of this forum is a thread called README - Application Instructions - README. Please read that thread and follow its instructions. We look forward to hearing from you.

Application Thread Format
When creating an application thread, carefully read the information in the README post. The thread title has a format that is indicated there. If it does not match the following, it is wrong:
CHARACTER_NAME (CHARACTER_CLASS)

Making officers rename your thread because you didn't read the instructions is not a good start to your application process.

Sample Application

Postby Magi » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Where did you hear about Riot?

Originally wowprogress but as well as in trade.

Tell us why Riot should be interested in you. What benefit can you bring to the guild?
I have a lot of raid experience back from BC and high-end experience when I went serious in MOP. I was one of the very very few warlocks (played warlock at the time) who ran affliction instead of demo because I saw something there that nobody else did and because of it I was more prepared and had consistent top 10 dps world parses during progression in heroic MSV as well as a rank 1 parse on Heroic Feng.

How long have you played this game?

I started in very late Vanilla.

Describe your endgame raiding experience. Include the current and previous box release, if possible. What other guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?

All of my guilds were just standard raid guilds until late Cata where I raided with Origins to help heroic DS progression. We were rank 3 on realm and rank 119 in the US. In MOP I transferred to Shadowmoon Alliance to raid in Siege on my warlock because my friend over there said they needed a warlock so I made one and transferred on over. After that real life hit hard and I couldn't play the rest of MOP as well as a majority of WOD.

WOD I did not play at all. As for MOP I raided in Siege during heroic MSV progression. We finished heroic MSV as US 17th 10 man to kill as well as world 92nd. Before that it was just your standard raider. I found a guild and raided with them from BC until early wotlk before we disbanded. Nothing spectacular.

Describe your specs. What is your preferred spec? Describe what skill/spell rotation you use in your primary spec. If a rotation is not appropriate, what is your priority list?

Outlaw. My priority is 2+ buffs roll the bones, Keeping up my ghostly strike, using adrenaline rush and curse of dreadblades (if appropriate), using mark of death if 0-1 combo points which after an opener I will not be, using run through at 5+ combo points, pistol shot on proc and saber slash.

What websites do you use to keep current on your class?

Icy-Veins is a good start point. I make it a mission to seek out random blogs and such of theory crafters and people who like running numbers as well as my own opinion and observation as I did back in early MOP to decide that despite what everybody thought and what simulations said affliction was better than demo. And I was right.

We raid 20-man endgame content from 8 PM to 12 AM EST three nights per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Are you able to make these days and times?

Yes.

Describe any prior commitments that could change your raiding availability.

Only an emergency with my child.

Post link(s) displaying your recent raid performance -- a screenshot of Recount/Skada with skill breakdowns showing or parses.

Have not seriously raided since MOP and I don't have those logs anymore unfortunately.

Do you have any guild, raid, or class leadership experience? If so, describe it.

I mainly just assisted when I was in Siege as a "theorycrafter?" for alternate boss strategy.

How old are you

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and consider me.
Magi

Return to Riot Applications